[BETA] Audirvāna for LINUX and NAS

We officially start the beta-testing of the Linux and NAS (QNAP) versions of Audirvāna!

The Audirvāna Core player on Linux is headless. This means Audirvāna Studio/Origin for Linux and NAS don’t have an interface.

You’ll need the latest version of the Remote App (v 5.0) to control it. All interactions are done through the remote app, except starting the app for the Linux version.

You can install the latest version of the Remote using the links below:

When you share an issue, please make sure to share the specifications of the device you installed Audirvāna.

The NAS version for Synology should soon be ready :wink:

How to install Audirvāna on QNAP NAS

First, download your qpkg version depending on CPU architecture:

Sign in to your account

Access your QNAP GUI and open App Center.

Click on the steering wheel:

Steering wheel

Ensure the setting “Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature” is enabled:

Once done, please click on the + icon:

Plus icon

Then click Browse and select the qpkg file you downloaded. Click Install and OK.

Click on “I understand the risks and want to install this application.” then Install:

Audirvāna is now installed and started; head over to the Audirvāna Remote app to use Audirvāna! :smiley:

How to install Audirvāna on Linux

First, download your version depending on CPU architecture and Linux distro:

Audirvāna Studio:

Version AMD64 (x86_64) ARM64(aarch64)
Debian Download Download
RPM Download Download

Audirvāna Origin:

Version AMD64 (x86_64) ARM64(aarch64)
Debian Download Download
RPM Download Download

After installing the package (more about it for RPM) and Debian), you’ll find the executable in /opt/audirvana/studio or /opt/audirvana/origin

Audirvāna is now installed and started; head over to the Audirvāna Remote app to use Audirvāna! :smiley:

To start automatically Audirvāna Studio/Audirvāna Origin as a service at boot, a shell script setAsService.sh can be found in the same folder.

Preferences file are in ~/.config/audirvana

Audirvāna database and log files are in ~/.local/share/audirvana

6 Likes

Excellent. I’d been hoping for this for a long while.

Downloading now.

3 Likes

I installed Linux Mint on an old laptop ( 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) and Audirvana works using very few system resources, but I cannot find a method to add a network share so file-based playback only works for connected drives. I’m able to stream Qobuz.

I had hoped for something akin to Roon with a server + endpoints to stream. Perhaps this is the first step.

One way is to mount the network share on boot. (If you need directions on how to do that, they’re here: 20.04 - Auto Mount of a Network Drive - Ask Ubuntu .) Then I think you can add it to Audirvana.

Thanks, I’ll try that. I mounted the share which is on my NAS and contains my music but the remote just displays local directories and doesn’t show the share. I’ll try mounting it on boot.

2 posts were split to a new topic: UI bug on Debian

Being able to run this on my Synology will be an absolute game changer for my setup! I will be watching closely for that release!!!

7 Likes

I concur re Synology!

5 Likes

Hi,

what mode is actually used for buffer access MMAP mode or RAW mode?
I suspect that MMAP is used because I have a device using only RAW mode which doesn’t work with Audirvana Studio for Linux (I’m actaully using Fedora 39).
Another device accepting MMAP mode is working.
Could it be possible to have the choice between MMAP mode ans RAW mode in a future version?

1 Like

An Audirvāna Core Player for Synology NAS would also be by far the most important innovation for me!!!

6 Likes

Good news!

Unfortunately I know nothing about Linux. I do have a NUC currently running ROON ROCK but would gladly switch it out for this. I may have to do research.

I’m also glad to see a QNap version is being released. I hope this means a Synology version is also on the radar?

Does this expose an API? I know Linux isn’t a large market share but one of the few things that has stopped me from removing myself off windows entirely is that Linux doesn’t have an app that integrates a local library and tidal.

Even a simple local web frontend for this would be sufficient for me.

This is a nice step in the right direction though!

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t add folder and play to UPNP device

The remote it seems is intended to take the place of something like a web frontend. What is it that you would be looking for from a frontend that the remote doesn’t make available to you?

Greetings,

I have a Sonicorbitor i9 that I use as a Roon Server w/an UltraRendu as my Roon endpoint. I still have a subscription to Audirvana. Is there a way to install this Linux Audirvana beta on my Sonicorbitor and use the UltraRendu as an endpoint. The email I received today from Audirvana implied it was possible, but have no idea how to do it! I am on the latest 2.9 OS on both the Sonicorbitor and the UltraRendu and use HQPlayer 5.5 w/Roon. Would be interesting to compare, but I am a Linux newbie and hence my “turnkey” sonicorbitor.
thanks,
Doug

I’m testing on Ubuntu Studio Jammy. It’s a big event. First impression is very good, sound quality seems to be better than Windows or macOS.

I am unable to add my SSD, mounted at boot in Ubuntu 22.04, that holds my music files. The remote app simply does not see the folder or the files.

Where’s it mounted? Is it actually under the /mnt directory? That’s where mine is and it works. (I do the automount using the method described here: How To Automount File Systems on Linux - LinuxBabe ).

Testing on an old macbook late 2008, 4 Gb Ram, Linux Mint 21.3, Great sound… I’m surprised

1 Like