Can't read track over 2GB

I have a over 2GB track from NativeDSD in DSF256. It seems completely normal but it doesn’t appear in the library. I asked NativeDSD and they answered me it was an issue in Audirvna. Can you help me please?

Hello @LAB,

We currently have an issue on Windows 10 version of Audirvana as you can’t see tracks that are more than 2GB. We will fix this issue in a future update of Audirvana.

1 Like

I hope so. I’m gonna find a way to split the track but hope you’ll find a way to resolve this issue soon. Thanks Damien

@Antoine

As this is not the first time this issue has been brought up (there is a post from July 2019 about it), can we get an ETA for the “future update” which will fix this? Thanks.

1 Like

When on earth will this problem be fixed?

2 Likes

Fixing issues and adding suggestions is not something Audirvana is known for.

Nothing like spending $40 on an album in DSD512 only to discover that 4 of the 5 tracks are over 2GB and won’t display in the library.

@Antoine - When in the heck is Audirvana going to address this? It’s really unacceptable. It’s literally been years without a conclusion.

By conclusion, I mean that it would be better to explain, in technical terms, why you can’t get Windows 10 to read these files than it is to just let the issue sit out here forever, with an empty promise to fix it.

We implore you, please just give us some of the details. Many of us are technical, and would prefer at least a technical explanation over nothing.

Thank you.

1 Like

I did discover that if you drag and drop files over 2gb from File Explorer directly into your play queue, they will show up in the queue and be playable. However, this method doesn’t push through ID tag info, so it isn’t the greatest solution.

@woodsdc1 I prefer to access Audirvana through the mobile app, but that’s good to know. Thanks for sharing!

No problem.

And consider yourself fortunate that you can get the Remote app to work. (My wifi mesh seems to make it impossible to connect, even after removing firewall restrictions.)

Here here. I bought a license for the Windows version precisely in order to play my DSD 256 files but I have never been able to see any files (and there are a lot, at this bitrate) over 2 Gigs. Please finally fix this in the Windows Audirvana app and in the new Windows Audirvana Studio app, which ALSO has the same bug.

I am going to put my head through a wall if this eventually gets fixed in Studio but never trickles down to 3.5.

When the limitation of file over 2Gb in windows 10 will be solve?

13/08/2021
problem not solved . AUDIRVĀNA STUDIO
I can’t play the file size over 2GB on windows 10.

More fool me for not checking out this topic before buying several DSD 512 albums from NativeDSD and finding that most of the tracks are greater than 2GB so can’t be recognised by Audirvana Studio. Paying $50 for an album and only being able to play 2 tracks really hurts. I hope this issue isn’t being ignored.

I understand that paying a monthly subscription fee is to fund further development of AS and that’s fine but I’d love to see my money being put to good use. Judging from the number of posts on this topic there are a number of AS subscribers who have these large files and before anyone jumps on me for buying DSD 512 music I have to say that in AB comparisons I really do prefer the sound of the higher rate files.

AS has a very pretty UI and it sounds wonderful but it must be embarrassing to Audirvana to know that their software is outclassed by the likes of Foobar2000 at least in terms of file handling
capabilities.

I’m not posting this in order to ruffle any feathers, I’m only politely requesting that Audirvana support their subscribers while we support them through our subscription payments - at least to be seen as attempting to rectify the problem. In November 2020 Damien posted that the issue would be fixed in a future release of Audirvana. I would have thought that AS would have been that release.

I, for one, would feel a lot more comfortable paying subscription fees each month if I could be confident of ongoing development and that subscriber’s issues were being addressed.

I’ve come to the realization that this issue (along with a number of others) is about as visible as the 2GB files themselves.

1 Like

Well said woodsdc1 and sadly it appears to be true.

I hope this thread doesn’t die a natural death, if we can keep it alive perhaps it will elicit some response from Damien.

2 Likes

I agree! Damien can you tell us if you are working on it?

1 Like