Damien and Manuel present Studio on Audiophile Style's Podcast

I spoke to soon. Just opened AS and everything is gone.

Wow. What an amazing way to do business.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this “entitlement sensibility” permeates society today. I think it’s something to do with equality (democracy) seeming to trump decency; confusing looking after self and not other.

It has to be self and other. There lies empathy.

NOW Damien forget empathy by releasing AS too soon and leaving so many glitches that users gets annoyed.

Users forget empathy understanding that Damien was so keen to give us users something new that he forgot what problems the early release something might cause.

We had plenty of empathy for a full month, experiencing this endless saga.
Now it’s time for Audirvana to have some empathy for us.

Look at Wolfgang’s heartbreaking posts. He can not play his music for a full week now, and all his mails to support remain unanswered.

As I’ve said before, if you agree with me I will do anything for you.

It’s definitely dedicated programming team and dedicated design and UI functionality team.

Function over form any day.

I loved Utzons design sensibility. He came up with ideas and then spent the rest the production time finding solutions for the issues the design threw up.

That’s what he did with all his buildings, including the Sydney Opera House … it was the morons and bean-counters who couldn’t stand certainty who eventually forced Utzon to resign. They had stopped paying him and his team.

Still, a great building exists, although they are still correcting many mistakes they made after he left.

Keep at it Damien.

1 Like

My apologies. I logged back in and my account is still active.

But, he wants us to pay for it.

But you don’t have too. Maybe if Damien sees the number of old customers who have not subscribed he might start communicating. Although there has been almost 4 updates to the software in the last couple of weeks. That’s good progress in my opinion. I think they’ve bitten off more than they can chew. Everything working great here except I’m missing the remote. That will hopefully work better than the software does.

???
Almost 4?
I assume you actually mean “3”.
:wink:

I’m on a Mac so it v1.4. If you’re a PC guy I guess it’s still v1.3 . :metal:t5:

So what you actually meant was “4 updates for MAC and 3 updates for PC”.
“Almost 4 updates” is nonsense.
It’s equivalent to “almost 4 fish”.
:joy:

Ok then. Cool. Happy to make shed tears.

:+1: :+1:

With respect, I would suggest this particular alternative is not realistic. The personnel to interview people, vet and hire the best, create employment contracts specifically for students who work part time, the lack of continuity from people who do not work steady hours…all these would probably require enough time and effort to be impractical for a very small company.

Of course it is possible my opinion about this is wrong, and your experience with this was in a company the size of Audirvana?

In any case, it is a creative suggestion.

I too find that hard to believe.

The people in charge of development were a team of 2 people under my management.
We proposed and still do several subject of study in partnership with Schools. Their work have to be completly documented in order to be then taken over by the company, and noted by the school. It is a part of the graduation of the student together with theorical activity. Today I am retired but the team of my company is now 3 people, because they hired one of these students who works the 2 last years of his studies at our company.
It is very popular in France and called studies in “Alternance”. Studends arrive on the market with several small but real professionnal experience.

It’s the same thing in the Netherlands. Students have to complete several internships during their studies, so they get working experience before they graduate.

And often they end up working for one of the companies where they’ve done an internship.

1 Like

Thanks Alain. Yes, internships are quite common in the US as well. When you say the team in charge of development was small, how many in the entire company? And were you also in charge of setting up the alternance program in the first place, having contracts with terms of work drawn up, etc.?

It does seem like a way to increase the number of developers at low cost (if the student’s work is of high quality). My questions are regarding whether it would help Audirvana at this stage or be another job and distraction for Damien. Of course we are discussing this in the abstract, while Damien must deal with all these issues very concretely. :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem here with Raspberry Pi 4B becoming too hot running RopieeeXL, though I‘d need to check the temperature readout.

I‘m running both, AS 1.4 and Roon via UPnP and neither players cause any problems whatsoever, absolutely stable, for weeks, Raspi on for 24/7!

If you have problems with overheating on the RPi4, check out the Flirc case:

It uses the upper part of the case as heatsink for the CPU.

Then don’t pay for it! Use 3.5! Relax! No one is killing puppies!

2 Likes