[FIXED] Audio Units Not Working

Tested several times. It works very fine. Same as with Audirvana Plus, so I guess it is fixed !
I will now be able to see whether Reverberate Core is a good convolution option for Audirvana, since this is not handled natively unfortunately.
Many thanks for the quick fix !

I downloaded and am running 3.5.16.2 (3546). It seems like a bit of a fix, but I’m still having some strange behavior in the app. Here’s the breakdown:

1. Open app and have “Use Audio Units effects” turned off. Result: Normal un-modified audio.
  2. Turn on “Use Audio Units effects”. It enables my plugin Pro-Q 3. Result: Equalized Audio is played from DAC. (Great! nice fix)
  3. Stop playback and select the “Configure” button next to plugin. Result: Plugin panel opens and allows modification to equalizer. (Great! it didn’t do this before)
  4. Enable “Realtime Control (not for DSD playback)” and start music. Result: Equalized audio is played, plugin window is open, but the audio sounds totally different now, not the same as the audio in step 2. Shouldn’t the audio match?

Let me know if you need console logs, I’ll upload them if it would help.

How would you characterise the difference in sound?
What if in the realtime you change the EQ settings to other, and then back to the set ones?

Thank you Damien, I’m able to configure and use AUs now. I’m just using Apple’s baked in EQ to add a little “meat” to Audirvana’s bones. However when I config and save presets, moving from currently active preset “A” to saved “B” doesn’t work. You’re probably aware of this by now but I thought I’d bring it up for consideration.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your efforts.
I still can’t access saved AU EQ presets however. Ultimately this wouldn’t be a problem as I intend to settle on a particular preset as a default. However now when I want to move from one preset to another to verify my settings, I have to manually re-enter the info. Actually, I’m not sure whether the curve info is being saved or just the name I assign to it.
Also “Real Time” doesn’t work at all, no upsampling, current Audirvana version, macOS 10.11.6.
Best Regards.

3.5.17 appears to have fixed my problems with audio units not being able to be configured on the Mac Mini. I’ll give a full test tonight and report any issues.

Thanks!

3.5.17. Audio Units working again on my Mac mini. Confirmed.

If I switch from UPNP device to USB Dac, Audio Units work as expected.

Hi! Unfortunaley, my Blue Cat AU’s are not working, even with A3.5.19 ;;;; I just need an AU with separate left/right volume control (I hear less on my left ear). Which AU’s are you using? Thank you, best regards,

I’m only using Apple’s built ins. I use the equalizer plugin to add some help to what I perceive is an overly bright presentation from Audirvana.

Even though I replied to Damien earlier in this thread that plugins were working, that isn’t 100% accurate. The only way I can edit and choose amongst saved settings is with Real Time enabled, i.e. I have to enable Real Time, select a saved pre set, stop playback, disable Real Time and then resume playback. Of course this isn’t the case in earlier versions.

That’s pretty lame but it is better than not working at all.

Best Regards & Good Luck.

I’m experiencing issues with UPnP and AU on trial version 3.5.29 (3559), everything works fine on other audio devices

Hello @sahid, if you mean that you can’t change AU settings while listening in UPnP then it’s normal since the Real Time mode for AU is disabled in UPnP mode but your AU is still enable and any change you made before play you music will be effective.

Either with realtime control or without it, it doesn’t apply

Which AU are you using?

Originally waves L3 but tried Apple distortion and echo just for testing purposes and didn’t work either

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.40 (3570)
macOS 10.11.6 with 8192MB RAM

• AU Plugins are working but presets are not changable !
    i can save a new AU preset (select AU-plugin > “preset” > “user” > “save” ) the preset will be saved and is visible in the list
    but if i change any preset… controls setting/values did not change

Hello @coherence, what is the plugin you are using while you have this issue?

I am trying to use Plugin Alliance’s SPL Passeq with Audirvana 3.5.50, but it gives me an error message when I try to activate it for use as an Audirvana Audio Unit. I use GarageBand, and have successfully activated the same SPL Passeq within GarageBand, so I can’t understand why I need to activate it a second time in order to use it. I use 3.5.50 on a 2019 MacBook Pro on Montana. Any help would be gratefully received.

This is the error you get when you click on “Click to activate”?

Yes, Antoine.
It seems odd to me that the SPL Passeq is already activated on my computer, and works fine with Garageband. In fact, I used to use SPL Passeq with Audirvana was back in version 2 I think, and it all worked fine then…
SO why is Audirvana 3.5.50 not allowing me to use Plugin Alliance’s SPL Passeq please? And how do I correct it?