Missing Albums from my library

Well, installed the trial yesterday. And found that albums were missing from the Audirnava library.

Here’s my folder structure:

Artist / year - album / tracks sometimes Artist / (year) - album / tracks

After reviewing the tagging etc. there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why it’s missing them.

I’ve read many of the other posts related to this issue and tried the “Removed an re-add the monitored folders” dance among other dances.

Besides some of the UI quirks that I don’t like I’m quickly deciding this app is not for me. I shouldn’t have to go through this much trouble getting it to scan my library properly.

My LMS server never has issues reading. I’ve tried Roon and that had no trouble finding all my albums either.

UI quirks, scanning issues, what’s up with that?

This is feeling like a “work in progress” app.

So, let me reach out… What’s the fix for the scanning besides standing on my head and spitting wooden nickels?

1 Like

Hello @moonloop,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info Audirvana button automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Audirvana 3.5.12

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 6 folders
AUTO: Y:\Music\24SOS
AUTO: \RN314\Audio\Music\24bit
AUTO: \RN314\Audio\Music\APhile
AUTO: \RN314\Audio\Music\APhile2
AUTO: Y:\Music\LL
AUTO: \RN314\Audio\Music\LL2
Library database path: C:\Users\LJA\AppData\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Max. memory for audio buffers: 10024MB

Local Audio Engine:ASIO 2 driver version 1106

Preferred device:
Topping USB Audio Device
Model UID:Topping USB Audio Device
UID:Topping USB Audio Device

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
Topping USB Audio Device Manufacturer:
Model UID:Topping USB Audio Device UID:Topping USB Audio Device

14 available sample rates up to 22579200Hz
Volume Control
Physical: No
Virtual: No
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Raw DSD (MSB)
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:0 R:1
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 88.2kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 176.4kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 192kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 352.8kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 384kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 705.6kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 768kHz
2 ch DSD 8bit big endian in 8bit chunk 2822.4kHz
2 ch DSD 8bit big endian in 8bit chunk 5644.8kHz
2 ch DSD 8bit big endian in 8bit chunk 11289.6kHz
2 ch DSD 8bit big endian in 8bit chunk 22579.2kHz

Local devices found : 5
Device #0: ASIO 2.0 - ESI Juli@ Manufacturer: Model UID: ASIO 2.0 - ESI Juli@ UID: ASIO 2.0 - ESI Juli@
Device #1: ASIO4ALL v2 Manufacturer: Model UID: ASIO4ALL v2 UID: ASIO4ALL v2
Device #2: DSD Transcoder (DoP/Native) Manufacturer: Model UID: DSD Transcoder (DoP/Native) UID: DSD Transcoder (DoP/Native)
Device #3: foo_dsd_asio Manufacturer: Model UID: foo_dsd_asio UID: foo_dsd_asio
Device #4: Topping USB Audio Device Manufacturer: Model UID: Topping USB Audio Device UID: Topping USB Audio Device

UPnP devices found : 4
Device #0[TV] UN55JS8500 UID: uuid:19885906-4883-41d7-b464-2429022365df Location: http://192.168.1.167:9197/dmr
Device #1[BD]F5900 UID: uuid:0b532b81-00be-1000-a14f-0c89108d6275 Location: http://192.168.1.55:7676/smp_14_
Device #2AFTB@ES(192.168.1.97) UID: uuid:2ab45d7f-6916-6d98-0000-000038b27980 Location: http://192.168.1.97:52046/dev/2ab45d7f-6916-6d98-0000-000038b27980/desc.xml
Device #3AFTMM@ES(192.168.1.223) UID: uuid:79c58df6-9be3-2435-0000-000038b27980 Location: http://192.168.1.71:38419/dev/79c58df6-9be3-2435-0000-000038b27980/desc.xml

What are the path of files that are stored in your LMS?

I use a directory with shortcuts that LMS understands.

The shortcuts use ip address instead of names.

Example “\192.168.1.200\Audio\Music\LL”

Audirvana doesn’t have an option to manually add directories or I would have tried that too.

Can you map directly the share with the parent folder containing all the music?

You mean for Audirvana? Instead of each directory map to the root containing them all?

I’ll try that.

Yes, that’s what I meant exactly.

OK, I tried it this way:

And this way:

My results were the same, same folders missing.

Then Audirvana doesn’t like some characters either in filenames or metadata.

Is there a list of these characters?

I don’t know of any special characters that are being used in those folders names or files.

I’m currently looking at two artists that have missing folders. I feel safe to say that I’ll find more. I haven’t gone through my total library; that would be a time consumer. Plus, I shouldn’t have to.

There were a couple of folders that I reconverted the files; moved out of the tree structure and then back; rewrote the filenames to include artist name and they were then recognized. I didn’t change folder name or any metadata. There were also folders I did this to that still failed to be included in the library.

As I visually look through my data and compare to what was successfully scanned I come up with more instances of missed folders.

By existing threads I’ve seen here this isn’t a new issue. I’m willing to work closely with support to help identify why this is happening but only with a defined method of research. I don’t want a “try this” or “try that” method. Tell me specifically what to try and why - let me know what’s being looked for. Give me some insight into what the scanner is doing.

Check this thread for hints:

OK. I have a complete backup on an external drive of my NAS music from a few months ago. The folders I am having an issue with exists there too. I deleted the NAS music path from the Monitored Folders and added the Music path from the external drive. It found those folders (and others that I hadn’t identified yet I’m sure).

What’s my next course of action.

I’m running Windows 10.

My NAS is a ReadyNas RN314.

First update the NAS firmware to the very last version.

Find an external application to edit the metadata. Check the metadata album by album. Pay special attention to non English punctuation characters. Clear the empty fields. Add the albums one by one to the monitored folder hierarchy.

I updated to the latest firmware early this morning.

I use mp3tag:
I already checked the tags in those few folders that I’m currently aware of. They still do not appear in th library. I also reconverted them (dBpoweramp).

Going through all my folders one by one to see what’s missing will be a very large task. As I said before this is something I should not have to do. Obviously Roon and LMS are doing something to successively scan these folders that Audirvana is not.

However, I’m going to pick at the issue some more.

Is there anything here that can be changed?

Try with another metadata editor like Picard:
https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

If that still doesn’t work, try adding just the folder and one track.

There must be something special in those albums, be it the cover art, metadata, filename or cue file.

I’ll check out Picard.

I’ll check for cue files. I normally delete them if they are there (except for ISO cue files).

I have come to the conclusion that the scanner has issues with the ReadyNAS. LMS & Roon do not. Heck, even the Foobar media library options find these folders!

I have to put this forward as a bug with Audirvana.

I’m not willing to expend the time to pound away at the folders the scanner has issues with. Let alone identify them. I did try the suggestion with Picard - that didn’t help. I have over 2500 folders. Even with our “stay at home” orders that’s not how I want to spend my time.

Joni Mitchel “Hejira” is one of the folders Audirvana has an issue with. As I said, Foobar finds it:

It’s too bad. Audirvana may have been a good fit for me.

Hello @moonloop,

I’m wondering, why you created shortcuts for your music files?

Which post from me are you referring to?