Network player stopping playback at end of each track

No, still the same situation on 3.5.16. It works on “built-in output” with different audio options (Upsampling deactivate, or other). But if I try to switch to Network device (I have GoldNote IS-1000) it can stop playing after first track again. And in this case I see that no song timer is moving, stops on 00:00. And it is unstable. Sometimes it can work with Network device, but if you switch back to build-in speakers it will stop again. And to start it I need to make some changes with UPSAMPLING and start to play again (with built-in output). Please test the software with Network device.

I’ve moved your last post to its specific thread as this is a different issue:
Some network players using the same network interface have a bug regarding the UPnP Media Renderer implementation. In a nutshell they are not correctly reporting their current playback state.
I am in contact with the network interface supplier for getting them to issue a firmware update completing fixing this issue.
As this is a real issue for the end users, I’ve looked for and found a way to implement a workaround to avoid you from waiting for this firmware update for your network player.
It is already available in the latest 3.5 beta for Windows, and will be available for testing on Audirvana for Mac later today, or tomorrow.
Stay tuned…

1 Like

Thank you for the support and explanation!
My main frustration - it worked with 3.1 version with not a single problem, same configuration.

Have you got any firmware update of your network player in the meantime?
Anyway, I have found the time to complete the workaround for Mac.
Can you test this pre-release build (3.5.16.1)? It is available from this link

YES! Now it works properly! Thank you once again for swift response. I will test it more. But it looks like everything is fine now.
Does it mean that GOLDNOTE software has a bug they need to fix, isn’t it?

That’s why I continue to be in contact with the supplier of those network interfaces.

1 Like

I have had this problem with Ultra Rendu for months. Would now say it’s not worth the time and effort to try and get the thing working. Will sell the Rendu.

Even if it did work then Fabfilter AU’s don’t work in Audirvana MPD/DNLA.

Resorted to Dante dongle and lower sampling rate (no DSD), but the Fabfilter AU’s make up for the loss in other ways.

Anyone want to buy a virtually unused ULTRA Rendu and LPS1 supply?

Hi,

I would like to report some issues I found while I was using your Audirvana and Lumin U1 Mini.

My audio setup: Audirvana 3.5.16 on Mac mini -> WIFI Internet router -> Lumin U1 Mini (most current firmware) -> Chord Dac -> amp/speakers

I found that when I try to play the next song (either directly click the next song I want or click forward button) without stopping the current playing song COMPLETELY it behaves very strangely. It plays the front part of the song repeatedly and all of a sudden start making constant static noise only. However, if I stop the current song and play the next song it plays perfectly fine. It happens when I playback local files or Tidal. No same issues, if I playback Tidal from Lumin app though.

I have compared Audirvana+Lumin and Lumin only and found Audirvana+Lumin sounds much better. I really want to use Audirvana along with Lumin. Audirvana 3.5.x sound improved a lot compared to older version I think.

I hope you can fix this issue on the next firmware release.

Best,
Sonny

This static noise looks like a bug on Lumin’s firmware.
FYI, when playing Tidal from Luminary’s app, it is not using UPnP, but direct connection to TIDAL from the Luminary’s network player.
Have you reported this issue to Lumin, and ask them if they have a firmware update fixing this track change issue in UPnP Media Renderer mode?

I have experienced similar problems with Windows 10 version 3.5.3 If I use upsampling to DSD64 or 128, playback will usually stop after each track and if it does go onward it stutters for a few seconds. I am using OPPO 205 via wifi. The device shows up as UPnP network player. If don’t upsample there is no problem. Note: this problem started when I one time used the laptop’s internal system to play via headphones on the headphone/speaker socket. I have now disabled the speaker output but this makes no difference.

If you have an issue using upsampling then that means your Oppo have some trouble for handling this and you should contact Oppo to know if they have a fix for it.

Thanks Damien. I think I may have an answer - after much trial and error. I think in my case it is a bandwidth problem. I have now tried a network cable instead of wireless and the problem does not occur. I am not sure why. Oddly playing files stored on the laptop never caused this, even when upsampling. The problem only occurred when streaming from Qobuz. My guess is that having to import the stream from Qobuz then re- sending the upsampled version over wifi is just taking too much bandwidth for the wifi to handle.

Recently returned to Audivarna after an absence - thanks Covid19 lockdown. I’m noticing that playback stops at the end of tracks, with no pattern that I can determine. Suffice to say annoying that I can’t seem to play a full album through. Does this both with Tidal and local tracks.

Setup is MBP running Audivarna to Ultrarendu over NAA to USB DAC.

Any help would be much appreciated!

It does happen to me sometimes as well.
It usually stops between 2 to 10 seconds before the end, and doesn’t play the next track :frowning:

Audirvana on a MBP as well, sent to a UPnP Yamaha Musiccast media player through ethernet.

I took advantage of the trial to verify that Audirvana worked with my streamer (a Naim ND5XS) which it did. Accordingly I purchased the software and for a few weeks everything worked. It would appear that there have been updates which have changed the UPnP implementation and I now have the problem where the 1st track plays fine (with the progress bar updating) but at the end of the track the status stops (doesn’t move on to the next track). Playback of the next track continues but then stops after a while, I guess when the buffer gets exhausted.

Damien, please could you advise as this renders the software unusable for me.

A further update on this topic. I tried again this morning and had the same issue as above. As I am fortunate enough of have another Naim streamer (albeit with a slightly earlier firmware release) I thought that I would try that. Surprise, surprise it played a number of tracks one after another without a problem. Puzzled, I then reselected the original ND5XS and it now plays correctly, ie doesn’t stop after 1 track.

The problem I reported yesterday came to light when I was trying to set up a second copy of Audirvana on a desktop machine (which I was trying to set up to act as a server rather than using the laptop) so I thought I would try the above on that machine as well. I can confirm that this also worked and music is playing streamed from that machine as I type this.

Finally, I checked that using the remote app (which I was using during the testing yesterday) makes no difference (which it doesn’t).

So, it is now working for me, the only thing I can think of is that there is something around the initialisation of UPnP devices (maybe there is some detection of the interface capability?) which doesn’t always work as it should. Nevertheless, for the moment I have the functionality I need - when it is working the software is perfect for my needs.

1 Like

As I cannot post more than 3 times inn a row, I will have to overwrite my previous post.

And finally for tonight, having had the issue all evening where I couldn’t play more than 1 track I reset the ND5XS and was then able to play a complete album without issue. So I suspect that the interface in the Naim may have an issue with the UPnP interface over time. Nevertheless, other UPnP solutions do seem to work.

Given this seems to be an issue which is quite widespread across different UPnP devices, would it be worth looking to see if a ‘compatibility’ mode could be created, potentially selected from the settings page that made the interface more tolerant of the issue where for some reason Audirvana doesn’t move on to the next track. Doing it this way, via a selectable option would stop the changes negatively affecting ‘compliant’ devices but allow Audirvana to better support the range of UPnP devices on the market (and may be beneficial commercially through increased sales).

I would be happy to collect any debug or test beta versions in order to help identify the cause of this issue.

Please forgive the crosspost - it belongs here.

I have an Outlaw Audio RR2160 receiver, which has its own Ethernet port (DLNA) and DAC. Audirvana on my Mac connected this way sounds better than other servers and connections. However, in this configuration, Audirvana plays one song and stops.

I have an Outlaw Audio RR2160 receiver, which has its own Ethernet port (DLNA) and DAC, and sounds quite good. Audirvana on my Mac connected this way sounds better than other servers and connections I’ve tried. However, in this configuration, Audirvana plays one song and stops. Any suggestions?

(If you think I should get an outboard network DAC, please suggest a low-cost model, but that’s not really the suggestion I’m looking for here, as my receiver already has a good-quality DAC built min.)

(FYI The media server is too far from the stereo to use USB.)

Hello @Machead,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info” while you have selected your DAC in audirvana? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message