R8brain cuts off song before it ends

That’s the one I downloaded. I don’t play MQA so I don’t need it.

I will do a restart after I listen to a gapless Grace Jones album and see if I also have a cutoff without upsampling but the one essential plugin.

Welp, I restarted it, kept it to one Audio Unit, and went back to r8brain upsampling. It cutoff the ending of a track, again.

I am giving up,

Does every track stop before the end or is it random?
Are the files you are playing, purchased files or ripped from CD’s that you own(ed) ?
How long is your USB connection to the DAC?
Have you tried removing the Jitterbug and using just the USB 2.0 cable from the MacMini?

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

– Random
– Both (I suppose as I can’t remember in some cases)
– It’s a short cable (maybe 1.5 ft long)
– I did and I still got a skip.

I am down to no upsampling and I have not heard a skip, yet, with a DJ mix album. It’s a bitch to not use upsampling with Audirvana because I can’t easily skip to the next song or to another part of the track like I can with iTunes; it doesn’t pre-load the track into buffer with no upsampling.

See? Barely any pre-loading.

I found this solution so I am trying it:

Nope, didn’t work.

@ADAlvarez, I see that you have no set sample-rate limit…

• Set this to 768kHz (The maximum of the D70s)
  • Turn-off “Volume Leveling”
  • Make sure “Forced upsampling type” is set to ‘to DSD’ and the “DSD target rate” to ‘DSD128’
  • Turn “Waveform Display” ‘OFF’

I don’t have this problem that you are experiencing with my MBP when upsampling (modulating) PCM up to 352.8kHz to DSD128… I am suspicious of the Microsoft Team subsystem you are running… and that you may be using drivers for audio devices you have not described here…

yes that could be that as Teams is a software like Zoom that uses your camera and microphone… so it should be turn off before opening Audirvana? or mic turn off in teams prefs…

1 Like

Too many cooks in the kitchen perhaps :thinking:

It is a random thing… Something is slowing or interfering with the pre-load throughput… My pre-load buffer is always far-ahead of the playback… This brings me back to the Library storage being on the same SSD as the macOS system and not on an outboard storage device on another bus controller …

Thanks for your continued input :slight_smile: Here’s an update.

– I cannot “set this to 768khz”.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 4.04.44 PM

– I use Volume Leveling. Sorry.

– As I said in an earlier post, the cutoffs still happen with DSD128

– I deleted Microsoft Teams, restarted, and “Device #4: ID 0x46 Microsoft Teams Audio” still shows up in the Audirvana debug info. I am looking for how to delete that.

PS - Why is no one from Audirvana answering my post?

I reinstalled Microsoft Teams, used the instructions from Microsoft for uninstalling it, uninstalled it. “Device #4: ID 0x46 Microsoft Teams Audio” is still there!

OK! I figured out the problem with the loading. One of the AUs was set to 8X and it was holding things up. I set it to 1X. Now it’s loading normally:

I am listening to this gapless album to see if the cutoffs end…

Nope, just got a cutoff.

Topping specifies the D70s as 768kHz capable… Things are not adding up here…
What sample-rates are showing when you select the D70s in Audio MIDI Setup?

Set it to 384kHz then… The PCM carrier sample-rate for DSD128 via DoP = 352.8kHz

If there is nothing interfering with or interrupting the audio engine, the tracks should play entirely as expected… Your computer is completely capable of doing so…
If the tracks play through without the AU plug-ins installed, you have a place to start troubleshooting from…

Obviously, something is interfering with Audirvana getting the correct information from the DAC… probably another application usurping the Core Audio API’s…

The setting you’re asking me to change to 768 kHz is for a bridge device. I don’t use one to connect to the D70s.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 6.11.08 PM

This would allude to something positioned as a bridge with a maximum of 384kHz… you should be able to set this to the DAC maximum…