Transparency on what Studio is analyzing the library for

I would hope Damien would weigh in here.

I have two 4TB backup drives, have a third backup on SD cards, and a fourth online with Backblaze in case all the local backups would be lost in a fire, theft or other contingency. So I should now purchase two more drives, a bunch more SD cards, double my bill with Backblaze, and incur overage charges with my ISP for uploading all my files again?

Let me be clear that as I said before, I think Damien wanted this to be the source of a great customer experience, and didn’t realize the complete implications of this particular implementation. I plan to subscribe to Studio, as I have happily used Audirvana since the start. But it’s certainly not your place to browbeat people for being bothered that an unexpected change was made to their music files.

1 Like

I already do, thanks - the cloud backup.

Audirvana Studio definitely modifies the metadata of local files. I’ve seen Musicbrainz and one other (Apple ID maybe?).

Same here. I am following Musicophile.

I use MP3tag to check file tags.

In addition to all what I said, Seagate guarantees me a free of charge recovery of the data in case of a failure of the drives, during 5 years. They are enterprise grade drives that were built to function 24/7 and do offer a great reliability.

And I still have the original SACDs and the Vinyls. It’s an additional backup.

1 Like

This is my old comment.
Now I know Musicbrainz tag problem.

Studio is taking the acousticID of a track and matching that to something in the Musicbrainz database. Then Studio is taking the Musicbrainz’ reference for that specific track and writing that info to the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID" tag in your music file. Subsequently Studio uses the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID (instead of taking the acousticID again).

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information.
Is this the only change to the metadata?
How many modified tracks did you check?

Do you all using Mac? Because my files are not changed or i did not found it.
Im using windows pc

I should have at least 500 tracks that were modified. These were tracks where I did not pre-populate the Musicbrainz_TRACKID tag. I am still going through them. It’s a little work for me.

Thank you for checking. I was so upset, that I didn’t even bother to check the files by myself.

DId you check the Date Modified property to confirm there were no changes?

I’m on Mac. There are hundreds maybe thousands of files changed.
But it’s very curious: some are changed and other not. Look at the files of this album:

If Studio cannot find the specific track in the Musicbrainz database (from the acousticID), then Studio will not modify that file.

1 Like

All these tracks are from the same SACD. If it recognizes some, why it does not recognize the others?

I don’t know off-hand.

Has Studio finished analyzing? If not, these files may not yet have had the tag written.

No, studio did not finish analyzing.
AS crashed several times, and I had also to quit the app to try to install SysOp through a hack… so instead of continuing the analysis at the point it was left, AS started it a new each time.