Unable to open an audio file for playback

I can access my Tidal account but when I try to play any track I get “Unable to open an audio file for playback”.
What do I need to do to fix this.
Running latest version of Audirvana on an updated Mac Mini.

Is TIDAL app up and running?
BR
BB

I encounter similar problem:“Unable to open an audio file for playback”

Have tried various upsamplings and deactivation. Nothing works.

Can somebody help?

1 Like

Same happening to me, any help.

1 Like

Hello, have you tried to play the same song on Tidal website?

Henrys,
I am having the exact same error. “Unable ot open an audio file for playback”
How did you fix this please ? I am so frustrated
thank you for any help
Mike siegel99
mike2403@mail.com

1 Like

Hello @mikesiegel99,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem. I cannot get Tidal tracks to open in Audirvana. I can play Qobuz tracks with no problem in Audirvana and I can open Tidal tracks in the
Tidal app but not Audirvana. What do you advise?

1 Like

Hello @Vitality,

Have you tried to reconnect your streaming account in Audirvana?

Same problem here, new everything on a mac, new license, Tidal music shows up, but I see “Unable to open an audio file for playback” FAIL

1 Like

Hello @jcwilliamson71,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Yes, that is the exact message I saw yesterday. Today I removed Audirvana from Mac, then downloaded again. It has been “loading” for a while, about 30 minutes. There is not an indicator to tell me if it is stuck, or busy working. I am able to play the music in the library from this Mac, over the network, and hope to do so with Audirvana after it finishes “loading”. PS: no album art is showing up, just the word “loading”.

1 Like

If the new install reports “loading” for 45 minutes for a 50 album digital library, does that mean the app is hung up?

Do you have large cover art images fior some albums?

No, in fact, most of the albums do not have art, sad to say.

What is the NAS you are using?

Check the accented characters in the file names and metadata. That could cause the import to hang.

Also make sure you RW rights on the share where music is stored.

I have the same problem what can i do, I also get Error logging onto HRA-streaming

1 Like

Hello, I too am having issues with Tidal. My 3 month Tidal trial ended yesterday, but over the last few weeks, some songs/albums have had issues. Today, after signing out of Tidal, then signing back in since my subscription started, the problem still continues. For example, I needed to flip through 9 Crowded House albums before I could get a single song to play. Then, after the first song, it jumps half way down the list and randomly chooses another song. 75% of songs I tried to play today have displayed “Unable to open an audio file for playback”. Then it hangs, and I search for other songs to play. No rhyme or reason to this function.

Same problem as jespitzer but long time subscriber to Tidal and currently up to date. Plus, sometimes I can get an album to start, but then quits 2-3 tracks in.

No such problems with Quobuz or with local library. Running A 3.5.26 on a mac mini. Pal of mine here running Studio on his system having same problem.

1 Like