Unable to open an audio file for playback

Hi OffRode, Yes I can

• Dream - Michael Brook, U. Shrinivas

• Out of Stillness - Gopal Shankar Misra

• Moksha - Amjad Ali Khan

Please let me know.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello apra , I can confirm your observations. Mac Mini Monterey 12.0.1 to usb DAC , with 3.5 no go to all of your reported albums. Switch over to Audirvāna Studio and they all play correctly. Quite odd !

Get this info to Antoine via support@audivana.com

Thanks OffRode,
Is Audirvana Studio different from the standalone player? I have seen it on the website but didn’t quite look into it. That is indeed strange that it works on one and not the other.

What MacOS are you running? I’m not sure what is going on but starting to wonder if the OS updates have caused some type of incompatibility issue with the files you want to use. Send your debug info to Antoine and share what we see going on.

Now to Studio, This is the new direction forward for Audirvāna. You are certainly welcome to download it and try it out for a month. After that you can decide if you want to subscribe. I’m not certain if the discount for 3.5 license holders is still available ask Antoine on that.

Best of luck with it. Thanks for the new music I’ve saved a couple of those to my favorite page and will check it out further

1 Like

I wonder whether this is a geographical issue. I live in Israel and face the same loading issue since yesterday. In the past few months I encountered skipping and pre mature termination of tracks as well. It’s only happening when I use Audirvana, direct streaming through Tidal has no issues.
Please HELP
MacBook Pro High Sierras

The question then is can Antoine do something about this or should we also go to Tidal?

Anyone happen to also have Roon and can test whether the same files don’t play?
I would expect that Roon requests the files via the same API and therefore has the same problems.

In a previous post there was something in a log about a redirect error.

They are not using it since they have the whole database of Tidal/Qobuz stored in their servers.

I will need to try reproducing the issue with a VPN to see if it’s geo related.

Can they therefore also fill in missing files from other albums? I read that somewhere.

I don’t know the legal agreement they have with them about it.

I tried these albums and I got “Unable too open an audio file for playback” as well. I’m located in Canada; I’m not sure there is a correlation with the geographical location.

I experience the same behavior as @marcs; most albums will start playing around the 3rd or 4th track and/or will suddenly stop playing (this is for albums that don’t fail to load, obviously).

Hello apra , I can confirm your observations. Mac Mini Monterey 12.0.1 to usb DAC , with 3.5 no go to all of your reported albums. Switch over to Audirvāna Studio and they all play correctly. Quite odd !

I did some testing last evening , seemed like a 3.5 vs os issue studio worked fine

Had a good listen through apra’s selections over the weekend :-

Tidal via Audirvana (master & lossless settings) : all titles ‘unable to load an audio file for playback‘

Tidal via Audirvana (high & low settings) : all titles playback without issue - aac 16/44.1 > 24/44.1

Tidal via Roon : all titles playback without issue - tidal FLAC 16/44.1 > RAAT

Tidal App : all titles playback without issue

Devices: mac mini mid 2010 high sierra (ethernet) usb to dac and macbook air 2021 monterey (wifi )

So for me it’s solely Tidal (master and lossless) playback via Audirvana which is unreliable. Audirnada 3.5.50.

@Antoine @Damien Same issue as everybody. Any updates ? I find outraging to spend more money for the studio version to be able to play. I want the version for which I paid a license for work correctly.

2 Likes

I could not agree more with jgore. @Antoine suggested that he will use VPN to verify our findings and that should not take more than 1/2 hour to do. I would really like some updates on that front. This has been going on for a month now.

Hi I am using Audirvana 3.5.50 (3580)

In the past weeks I cannot stream music on Tidal of this error: Unable to open an audio file for playback. Actually we are a couple of Audirvana users in Québec, Canada that are experiencing this problem.

I hope we can resolve this issue. I really would like to keep this license working.

Have many other users experienced this issue?

1 Like

Hi! I have the same problem with tidal. 5 sec playing, 5 sec pause.

1 Like

Same here. I live in Winnipeg and most tracks on tidal won’t load.

It is an intriguing situation. Yesterday I tested Audirvana on my Windows 10 Laptop in two scenarios: with and without external DAC (Ifi Zen Dac). In both cases there were no problems playing audio from Tidal, nor from the hard drive. As soon as I return to my iMac and try to listen to Tidal from Audirvana (the latest version), the problem resurfaces in all its horrible dimension: “Unable to open an audio file for playback”… Strangely, it seems to improve when I limit Tidal to stream not in Master quality but in High quality.

1 Like

@Antoine Can you please provide us with an update? It has been 2 weeks since you gave us any update and the issue has been there since the new 3.5.5 update was issued. Please either fix this or roll back the update. The only reason I use Audirvana is to stream from Tidal. It is just not fair for you to just be silent on this issue. Please provide us with a resolution at the earliest.

1 Like

@apra , @Antoine is just playing dumb. He wants to twist the arms of people who didn’t suscribe to the subscription business model into upgrading to Audirvana Studio. I’m leaving Audirvana as a player for my local library and I’m streaming Tidal from their macOS app.

2 Likes