Unable to open an audio file for playback

yes and it work very well…DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION

@Antoine yes. The same song on the website plays just fine. I think it’s a location issue. Most of us facing this problem are in Canada

Hello,
I am using Audirvāna V3.5.50 on macOS Big Sur with DAC Naim V1. For a few weeks now, several albums available on TIDAL have become unreadable on my Audirvāna_TIDAL Playlist. I saw that by changing the quality of my provider TIDAL down (from Master to Low) in Audirvāna’s streaming settings, all albums could then be played. You will understand that the goal of Audirvāna users is not to achieve minimum sound quality, but optimal sound quality.
Please inform me about the process to correct this annoying shortcoming.

Bonjour,
J’utilise Audirvāna V3.5.50 sur macOS Big Sur avec DAC Naim V1. Depuis quelques semaines, plusieurs albums pourtant disponibles sur TIDAL sont devenus illisibles sur ma Playlist Audirvāna_TIDAL. J’ai pu constater qu’en modifiant la qualité à la baisse de mon fournisseur TIDAL (de Master vers Low) dans les paramètres de streaming d’Audirvāna, la totalité des albums pouvaient alors être lus. Vous comprendrez que le but visé des utilisateurs d’Audirvāna n’est pas d’obtenir une qualité sonore minimale mais bien optimale.
Merci de m’informer sur la démarche pour corriger cette fâcheuse lacune.

@AudiophileQuebecois the solution, based on @Antoine’s pathetic silence, is to upgrade to audirvana studio and be on the hook for a subscription model. Go figure.

1 Like

Guys do any of you know how to reach out to other employees in Audirvana. This is not cool they way they have left us hanging, I do not want to move to Audirvana Studio. I can’t afford it. I have paid for this copy and I want it to work, period. I am happy to move on if they will buy back the license from me.

@Antoine is in the thread. You can always write to support@audirvana.com

I know he is, yet he chooses to ignore us. Pathetic!

I‘m sure they‘re investigating. Looks like it’s on Tidal side. Be patient.

Thank you for your insightful contribution; it serves as a helpful reminder to the whole community to always be measured in our responses and interactions. Patience was also the name of my first pony and it takes me back much happier times as a young man riding my beauty bareback in the bush.

Frustratingly, I’ve not encountered anything in my research so far that lends credence to your assertion that the issue ‘looks like it’s on Tidal side.’ (sic)

Perhaps when you find a moment you could direct us toward the data that supports this view. It could be exactly what we need to help resolve the ongoing geo-anomaly of Tidal playback via Audirvana 3.5

1 Like

My assumption was based on few people reporting similar issues with Tidal on Roon forums at the the same time.

Audirvāna 3.5.50. Mac Mini 2012. Is 10.14.4
Tracks from Tidal - unable to open.
Any advice? Any update?

No Advice, no update. @Antoine and @Damien are completely silent with the hopes that we give up and upgrade to the subscription model of Audirvana studio.

Hi, can I download older versions of Audirvana somewhere (which could fix that issue), otherwise can I get a refund? I purchased that app to play lossless and MQA in Tidal. Now it’s not working anymore. Thanks,

What version you need?

This issue is strictly to do with Audirvana 3.5.50
There is no issue with Audirvana Plus Version 3.2.20 (3704) which I have on my other computer.

Nothing to do with Tidal Geo Location issue mentioned earlier somewhere on this thread.

I understand the company want us to all jump onboard the new version of Audirvana. But I feel the bulk of us are not doing so because we just don’t buy into a subscription based softwares.

So @Antoine maybe you should give your loyal user the option to choose to fully own or to subscribe the software?

I was a big fan of Audirvana and have converted many of my peers to using Audirvana, now all this things that’s been happening the pass year have just left a bad taste in my mouth.

You are the developer, it’s your company, you ran it the way you want it… it’s your choice.

Enough said.

2 Likes

@RunHomeSlow , Is it possible and permissible for you to post links for the guy’s that would want to do a rollback ?

I have kept all old version of Audirvana and Studio, i can give links if i put them in my dropbox, i have done it before, won’t be a server for everyone :grinning:. Legal i think since you need your serial to use them…

3 Likes

I am sure Damien or Antoine will give to a costumer an older version if someone ask for it, i could be just faster :grinning: if not…

That might really help the people who’s last update seems to be very problematic , Until they get the fix ready a rollback should hold them over