Songs stop playing seconds from the end (the definitive edition)

Damien, I’m using upsample via usb to Auralic Vega in a home stereo.

I don’t see that folks having a problem, have simplified their playback systems to a minimal configuration so to establish a fundamental baseline reference… This would provide much insight into any potential problem with the audio-engine and potentially reveal network related gremlins in your playback system unrelated to Audirvana, especially being an intermittent event…

When will we have a solution to this problem? It started after the update to version 3.5.45, I can no longer do upsampling to DSD, I am seriously thinking about going to another software, because Audirvana is unusable.

1 Like

In consideration that this issue for some of us is directly related to the upsampling algorithm…

And now in relation to Audirvana Studio… Damien, you said that the new version will come with a better or “New upsampling algorithm”, that sounds great since the present one doesn’t work for so many. Will the old upsampling algorithm be fixed now? Or am I like others paying for functionality that will never work?

1 Like

Hi Damien, not sure if your looking at these new posts but now besides the skipping the last seconds of a song I’m experiencing hiccups where a song will skip backwards a second repeating what was just played. I have upsampling activated.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the hiccups and skipping of the last few seconds of the end of songs with upsample deactivated as well.

1 Like

I have noticed that under AS someone wrote:

Jud
(Audirvana Studio Feedback)

Regarding feedback on Studio: For anyone for whom tracks stopped before the end or repeated without being set to do so, 1.1 has fixed that for me.

Does this mean you have fixed this issue and it can be ported to 3.5 finally?

I just noticed:

“Audirvana version 3.5.46 is available.
Click on Update to exit the application and start the update process.”

It says “Streaming and UPnP playback fixes”, time to test to see if this problem is fixed or not.

Sorry first ever post… and I am doing it because I am angry. I know not the way to start.

Okay so does mine, but Damien has now taken out the ability to up-sample in the computer with Audirvana! This is not a fix… Audirvana has actually taken away functionality that I bought.

1 Like

Since the update I can still upsample but the last second or two are still skipped. In other words no difference at all.

2 Likes

So I was finally blessed with a serious allotment of time (2 hours worth) to sit down and listen to my music this beautiful Friday afternoon. I tested out the new version 3.5.46 and this is what I found:

1. Upsampling functionality still works for me - re: “croc ography’s” problem (thank goodness)
  2. Whereas before I had to disable upsampling functionality to listen to my own music library and not have the songs cut off towards the end, I now no longer have to
  3. But another bug has popped up… it seems 3 of my songs cut off in the middle and Audirvana then advanced to the next song… it was only 3 times in appx. 2 hours but I have never experienced this before. Admittedly it is a much better scenario than my songs being randomly but very often clipped at the very end of them, but it is still annoying none-the-less. Sigh…

I trust others when they say that listening to streaming music services still causes the bug, but I am now wondering if it was fixed for people like myself who only play from their own extensive libraries.

Anyone?

1 Like

I think I have given up… just too many bugs that have been left unresolved. I am too frustrated.

1 Like

Yep, I think a lot of people on this forum are feeling the same way.

1 Like

Hello everyone I am evaluating Audivarna Studio for the first time and have random stops (to next track) after few minutes of playback. I’m using Qobuz streaming exclusively and a DAC-Headset Amp over USB. I am connecter over Ethernet and Fiber Channel Internet connection. This never happens when using the Qobuz official app (even tho this app has other defects) neither when playing on my Limetree streamer on my main system, etc.

I’m currently running a Trial version and this kind of bug is typically a NO-GO.

Reading a few messages here, should I consider this is a bug in the software and is likely never going to be fixed ? :frowning:

Thanks for any insights that could help working around the issue.

Just wanted to check if there are any updates on this issue?

I use Audirvana 3.5.51 on Windows, and my computer is connected to my DAC via USB. My music source is exclusively Qobuz streaming. Upsampling is enabled. I listen mostly to classical albums. Usually, the first one or two tracks are fine. Then, the subsequent track(s) will end 1 or 2 seconds prematurely, and playback will move on to the following track. When this happens, the duration indicator for the track that ends prematurely will change some time during the playing of the track, to the premature ending duration. For example, if the track is 5:03 in duration, the duration indicator near the playback progress bar will start at 5:03 and then at some point change to 5:02. The playback will then cut off at 5:02 and then move on to the next track.

I would like to keep upsampling on because I prefer the sound quality that way.

1 Like

Chiming in since the problem has gotten much worse for me. Feeding from a Mac Mini to an Oppo 105 via network (Ethernet). Upsampling is currently on. Last few seconds of song are cutting out randomly and am also getting issues where there’s hiccups (i.e. song repeats a few seconds or seems to skip a second). This appears to happen more when streaming Tidal than from my hard drive.

As far as I know, this problem was only corrected for your own ripped music, but was never corrected for streaming music playback. Unfortunately I can no longer be of help because I do not stream music.

But since this functionality was promised to run correctly on this version of the software, it is well worth being corrected, albeit, months ago!

Change your ‘upsampling target frequency’ with ‘custom - forced upsampling type’. I noticed a short track duration problem on a track that was converting 96 kHz to 192 kHz. After changing the conversion target to 176.4 kHz the problem resolved. I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.