SysOptimizer error Studio

Alors dans l’ordre: but in English for every one.
cd is just a command to Change Directory, if You look at another threads, @Antoine asked to put a few files for SystemOptimizer in these folders, I’m sure he’ll script what I’ve done so you’ll get it from the source :wink:
The issue is that depending on how you put those files in there they might have the wrong owner and permission. On top of that Mac OS puts a quarantine on files coming from internet. What the command are doing is to change the owner of the files to the right ones, adapt the read/write permissions to the right ones and remove the quarantine (in case the message “Do you really want to open this file” doesn’t pop up, if you don’t you might just have the message again so it might not be necessary).

Your password should be your admin password, when you type it nothing will appear, this is normal.
If you don’t feel comfortable with doing all these let’s just wait for @Antoine to adapt this but know that there is a work around to make it work.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Tom.
I’ll try everything over again.

AS 1.1 was released. I installed it, but the bug of SysOp was not fixed.

I’ll try later to apply the hack that Tom generously posted.

Effectivement aucun changement de mon coté aussi.
Et pour ceux qui ne pratique pas les commandes Terminal…reste à attendre que cela soit fixé par Audrivana.

Je ne comprends pas les commandes de Terminal que Tom a posté pour nous.
Quoi copier dans le presse-papier ? Quoi coller dans le Terminal ?
Des ingénieurs en informatique comprendront, mais moi, je ne sais pas où commence chaque commande et où elle se termine.

Pour un utilisateur lambda, c’est risqué d’exécuter des commandes dans le Terminal, si on n’est pas très clairement guidé. On risque de causer des dégâts irrémédiables au système. Je vous déconseille donc d’essayer d’appliquer ce hack avant de prendre quelques précautions.

Moi, je vais préparer d’abord un clone de mon disque de démarrage sur un disque externe.
Je vais démarrer sur ce disque externe.
Je vais essayer ensuite d’exécuter les commandes du Terminal sur le système du disque externe.
En cas de problème mon disque de démarrage restera intacte.
Je conseille de procéder de la sorte à tous ceux qui veulent tenter ce hack.

IN ENGLISH:

I don’t understand the Terminal commands that Tom posted for us.
What to copy to the clipboard? What to paste in the Terminal?
Computer engineers will understand, but I’m unable to understand where each terminal command starts and where it ends.

For an average user, it is risky to execute commands in the Terminal, if he is not clearly guided by a competent person. There is a risk of causing irreparable damage to the system. I therefore advise against trying to apply this hack before taking some precautions.

I will first clone my boot drive on an external disk.
I will boot from this external drive.
I will then try to run Tom’s Terminal commands on the system of the external drive.
In the event of a problem, my boot disk will remain intact.
I recommend doing this to anyone who wants to try this hack.

I also have the same problem on big sur. Will it resolve with an update?

1 Like

I fixed mine on Big Sur by copying the folders that were linked above into the Library.

1 Like

Francesco71,

The hack to which thebiglebowski points worked for him, but did not work for others, like myself.
Try it, you may be lucky!

1 Like

Has not worked for me on Big Sur both dropping direct and copying and pasting all the commands via Terminal.

Why has @Antoine or @Damien2 or @Damien not responded or commented on this yet? Mac OS Big Sur works differently than previous OSes. I shouldn’t have to mess around with my computers System and permission to get the SysOptimizer installed. Why was this even allowed to happen in the first place? Was AV Studio tested on Big Sur? Is it even meant to work on Big Sur? I would appreciate some feedback on these questions. Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think Big Sur has anything to do with the problem, because “SysOptimizer” installs OK on my MacBook Pro M1 running Big Sur v 11.3.1 whilst SysOptimizer will NOT install on my Mac mini Pro M1. Just a thought!

Just to let you all know that I am running the latest version of Big Sur on my late 2015 iMac 27 inch and have had no issues with the SysOptimizer

1 Like

I’m on Big Sur with an Intel MBP, and I have this problem.

It’s a strange bug. It affects some Big Sur users and not others.

1 Like

@Doudou, @Antoine It affect also other Mac OS, as you know, I have had that problem with High Sierra and Big Sur on 2 different machines and get them resolved.
Since, I have also set my first Mac Mini in order to have both 3.5 and Studio on the same machine, and both with Direct Mode enabled. I have formated the disk, installed Mojave OS, hacked it in order to enable DirectMode. Then I installed 3.5 and Studio. This time I have had no problem at all with SysOptimizer.
Sound is really optimal, and if there is a point where Audirvana can’t be compared with any other software (at least on Mac), that is sound quality and this is the truth since I strated using it in 2012. I took an hear to competitors and even recently to Roon, and noway, they can’t compete with Audirvana when properly installed on a dedicated machine.
So Damien you have to fix all these problems that are going to make people “deaf” to what is the essence of your entire work. I am preparing a long but not exhaustive post to list all my remarks on Studio.Some of them are also true and inherited from for 3.5
Hope it will help.

1 Like

Bonjour Alain,

I didn’t know that this bug had a history.
I thought it was a newborn bug that arrived with AS.

I’m a happy Audirvana Plus 2.5.3 user, SysOpimizer functions à merveille.
I’m under the latest update of macOS (11.3.1).
All over the years, Apple released plenty of versions and updates to its OS, but I never encountered any malfunction of A+ 2.5’s SysOpimizer.
I expected that I could evaluate the sound quality of Audirvana Studio in optimal conditions. But the days are passing, and it is still not the case, since SysOp does not function as it should with the modern versions of the software.

I sent a few days ago a private message to Damien, telling him that a computing engineer from Camp Gemini found a solution to this annoying bug, and I asked Damien to visit our thread and help us to apply your son’s solution.
He did not visit the thread and did not reply to my message.

Maybe you can send him a message too?
He should be happy that a solution was found to this longstanding bug.

Congratulations to your son and many thanks to you both.

Cheers

That is a good point, but it should install on both of them. Did you have a previous version of Audirvana installed on your MacBook? Do you know where AV Studio installed the sys optimizer files? Do you have a Macintosh HD/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools folder?
Thanks!

@Antoine A computing engineer from Cap Gameni found a solution to the longstanding bug of SysOp.
He posted his hack on this thread May, 19. Please visit this thread and help us to apply his solution.

Did that copy and paste in Terminal, no errors in execution, verbatim.

Still doesn’t work MBA 13 i5 (2020) Big Sur 11.5