Unable to open an audio file for playback

Today, none of the two albums I posted previously are loading anymore. Is there a ticket number I can refer to if I want to contribute to the debugging process?

Same issue on tidal with qyality > = lossless for me. Same work around(high instead master) catalina 10.15.7 audirvana 3.5.50 mac mini late 2012. P.s. i can play master on tidal in the past.
@antoine, can you give a status on this bug. We are a lot to pay for a tidal hifi subscribtion but we can’t play any lossless or master. Thank’s
p.s. Si tu es plus à l’aise en Français pour le debug, n’hésites pas. Je suis francophone mais je ne sais pas si c’est plus pratique en anglais ou français sur ce forum.

Same issue here, exactly as @boivinsblg described above. Audirvana 3.5.50 Mac mini 2010 High Sierra.

1 Like

We have exactly the same system/configuration. I don’t think it’s a matter of lossless or master format, because there are lots of MQA albums that play just fine. Sometimes, an MQA album that was playing fine won’t play anymore. For instance, the following two albums won’t play anymore, but the first one did 14 days ago:

Bill Frisell East/West album (Master)
https://tidal.com/browse/album/7281131
“Further East/Further West” (also Master) doesn’t play at all:
https://tidal.com/browse/album/291941

Now the following MQA album plays fine for the time being:
Nathaniel Rateliff - And It’s Still Alright
https://tidal.com/browse/album/130725922

The following album (non Master) never loads:
Noir Desir, Des Visages Des Figures
https://tidal.com/browse/album/35417968

Je suis francophone aussi, and willing to help out debugging this issue as I’m rather in my element working in a UNIX terminal.

Cheers!

Hi Audirvana support, can you please keep us updated on the progress of this issue ? Going silent on an issue affecting many of us is not a good thing. I hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We asked to get logs about this issue and unfortunately we have not been able to clearly understand why some of you have this issue to specific track/albums. We think the issue might be geographical related.

For the moment we have not found a way to reproduce the issue on our side. As soon as we are able to reproduce it, we can find how to fix it.

Thanks Antoine for the update.

As of this morning, all my Tidal albums are loading and playing without issue, regardless of their format. I’m keeping an eye on the terminal and will send out the log should the issue surfaces again.

Cheers!

Update: Since yesterday, half of the albums I try to play in Tidal won’t load; irrespective of their format. I can’t figure what may have changed since the previous day where all of them would play just fine.

Hi Antoine,
I was asked to generate logs after starting the application from terminal. But unfortunately it does not generate any logs other than asking for permission to media keys (which it already has) and something about a volume it is unable to load. I am still able to stream Tidal at quality == High, but nothing above that. I was briefly working from the East Cost of the US a couple of weeks back and was able to stream in Master quality. But out here in the West coast I cannot.

apra, I’m presently in SoCal , would you like to give me a couple of albums to test this? I have Mac mini and tidal master subscription.

Hi Antoine and Damien,

Having the same problems as Lull and Apra report, with 3.5.50 on a mac mini and that I had reported back in late august. Issue had resolved, but is now back and even worse.

Just with Tidal, NOT with Quobuz, which works fine

1. Many albums will simply not load. Hit the play button. Loading… then Unable to load…

2. Some albums start halfway through on the 3rd or 4th tracks, when I click to start on the first.

3. Some start fine, but jump and skip in odd ways: jump back a second or so and play from there; end tracks early and jump to the next one before it finishes; skip tracks or just jump to the end the album and stop.
    Please help.
    Marc

Hi OffRode, Yes I can

• Dream - Michael Brook, U. Shrinivas

• Out of Stillness - Gopal Shankar Misra

• Moksha - Amjad Ali Khan

Please let me know.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello apra , I can confirm your observations. Mac Mini Monterey 12.0.1 to usb DAC , with 3.5 no go to all of your reported albums. Switch over to Audirvāna Studio and they all play correctly. Quite odd !

Get this info to Antoine via support@audivana.com

Thanks OffRode,
Is Audirvana Studio different from the standalone player? I have seen it on the website but didn’t quite look into it. That is indeed strange that it works on one and not the other.

What MacOS are you running? I’m not sure what is going on but starting to wonder if the OS updates have caused some type of incompatibility issue with the files you want to use. Send your debug info to Antoine and share what we see going on.

Now to Studio, This is the new direction forward for Audirvāna. You are certainly welcome to download it and try it out for a month. After that you can decide if you want to subscribe. I’m not certain if the discount for 3.5 license holders is still available ask Antoine on that.

Best of luck with it. Thanks for the new music I’ve saved a couple of those to my favorite page and will check it out further

1 Like

I wonder whether this is a geographical issue. I live in Israel and face the same loading issue since yesterday. In the past few months I encountered skipping and pre mature termination of tracks as well. It’s only happening when I use Audirvana, direct streaming through Tidal has no issues.
Please HELP
MacBook Pro High Sierras

The question then is can Antoine do something about this or should we also go to Tidal?

Anyone happen to also have Roon and can test whether the same files don’t play?
I would expect that Roon requests the files via the same API and therefore has the same problems.

In a previous post there was something in a log about a redirect error.

They are not using it since they have the whole database of Tidal/Qobuz stored in their servers.

I will need to try reproducing the issue with a VPN to see if it’s geo related.

Can they therefore also fill in missing files from other albums? I read that somewhere.

I don’t know the legal agreement they have with them about it.