What set up DOES NOT work for you with Audirvana Studio

I also have Studio installed on the Mac side- same result.

1 Like

Did you open a thread for this issue?

:notes: :eye: :headphones::eye: :notes:@Ironz… I listened to a variety of local PCM, DXD and DSDxxx files played flawlessly by Audirvana Studio 1.12.0 for 3 hours straight last night, via my USB transmission system (3.1 > 3.0 > 2.0 > DAC), and served from my USB 3.0 HDD library drive.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
macOS version: 12.2.1 (21D62) Monterey

My I ask why you run Windows on a Mac? A long time ago I did the same and it caused so many problems on its own, that I gave up quickly! Do you need Windows to get a connection to the Mojo? Wouldn’t Mojo connect with your Mac Pro running OSX?

I would assume, too, that direct USB connection would be the safest route to go. When I had all those UPnP problems, I was desperate enough of dragging my Mac Mini from my desk to put it into my rack for USBing. Till by chance I found my own tailored solution for Devialet. Alas, it’s of no use for you!

I know it’s frustrating battling with these problems. I do hope AS gets a grip on them. Being dependable on Roon solely would be hell for me!

That’s really strange. Qobuz plays without issues here. As did Tidal before I’ve cancelled it’s subscription.
Could it solely be a uPnP problem?

I mean. On the 3 computers I’ve tried AS (my Windows 10 and later 11 Lenovo laptop, and my 2 MacBooks) connecting through 2 different USB sound cards or through Bluetooth connections never failed here. I only have simple hardware :slight_smile:

I guess I’m lucky when I read a lot of replies here. The only bug I still have is the Android Remote failing to find my computers after my phone updated from Android 10 to 11.

No point.
I’ve already opened 2 threads that have so far not been resolved:

I used to work for a company where MacOS was the software platform used.
I then moved to another company where Windows was the preferred OS.
Couldn’t really see the point in having 2 laptops when I could easily dual-boot from the MacBook.

1 Like

Hey @Ironz, Good day. I’ve been following along as I’m home laid up for a couple weeks so got bit bored/curious decided to give the update a look.
Question is did you get enough playtime to a/b the Aries vs Studio? Does the Aries play Qobuz directly? I’ve been testing the NAD M33 using a HDTRACKS download on a Samsung ssd vs Qobuz hd file played via BluOs vs Audirvāna Studio. I’m very surprised to find that Studio isn’t the best to my admittedly not perfect hearing. I really didn’t expect this to be the case.

1 Like

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:@OffRode What is the point of this flawed comparison? There is no way of comparing the source masters used in either file… Nor is there a way to analyze the transparency of either transmission line, so to eliminate inherent electronic/mechanical bias effects in the comparison… The comparison is moot and does not tell us anything of substance outside of it being a purely subjective experience.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Ok​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’m totally into subjective experience’s, that’s my favorite kind

1 Like

Mate. For the love of God, give it a rest. Please :rofl: :rofl:
I was being asked the simple question of whether Lightning DS sounds as good as Studio.
Some of us just want to be able to listen to our music in the best way possible, TO OUR EARS, without all the esoteric bow-locks that can affect such listening pleasure.
I think we all know your take on the matter by now, and if you think the exercise is pointless, why bother posting?
Peace :pray:

Hi @OffRode
Laid up? Hope you’re well mate. :pray:
Difficult to make an accurate comparisson, as Studio was used with the Cyrus streamer and Lightning with the new Aries.
To be honest, I DO think Lightning DS sounds very, very good. Certainly good enough to kick Studio into the long grass (not purely SQ related, although it does sound a lot better than the Cyrus, but more from a reliability perspective), as I really just want to be able to listen to music with no fear of crashes/lock-ups. After a week of owning the Aries it hasn’t failed once.
And yes, Lightning does play Qobuz (as well as Tidal and Amazon Music) natively.
Stay well my friend.

2 Likes

That‘s what I hear all over the place that Auralic Aries has an ,analog‘ kind of sound. Unfortunately, I never got around to test one. But the Aries keeps spinning in my head :grinning:

1 Like

Just a minor out patient surgery, all good so far. Well I’ve finally been able to crash the NAD by trying to send Audirvāna thru my Oppo205 via coaxial….oops. Guess that’s an illegal request had to power down and restart, not to bad. I still like Studio UI even with its wonky personality, probably just because of familiarity, The BluOs is really just as good on the Mac, The iPad is a bit more of a acquired taste but solid performance. Have fun with the Aries chat you up later

Can you use this player with your other streamers?

Uh oh……That’s how it starts! I realized that my previous NAD purely analog amp is 20 years old :flushed:. Dang thing still working well but the new one is on a completely different level.

Evening @OffRode

Good to hear mate :+1:
Look forward to being chatted-up (hasn’t happened to me in a fair-few years) :rofl:
No less than a $70 steak meal I’m afraid :wink:
As an aside, I absolutey LOVE the SQ of Studio, when it works.
It’s the ‘when it works’ that is now, to me, the problem.

1 Like

No.
But then I can’t use Studio (reliably) with my current streamers.

As Studio has many issues with your gear, and you can’t use DS for your other streamers, with which player do you use them?

Anytime sweetcheeks, …………could be the drugs I’m on :rofl: